We are pleased to announce that our hard work has paid off – and Ten Ten Systems are now Cyber Essentials Plus accredited.
We want to make sure that our customers are confident their business has the best protection against malicious web-based threats. Which is why, as a Cyber Essentials certified company we took the next step and became Cyber Essentials Plus accredited.
What does it mean to be Cyber Essentials Plus certified?
Cyber Essentials is an industry supported scheme under the IASME governance. It aims to help organisations implement basic levels security to protect against cyber-attacks. Furthermore, this then demonstrates to their customers that they have put in place preventative measures to protect against cybercrimes.
The basic security controls
There are 5 five basic security controls selected by Cyber Essentials because, when implemented together, they help protect against internet-based attackers. The five security controls are:
- Boundary firewalls and internet gateways
- Secure configuration
- Access control
- Malware protection
- Patch management
The levels of achievement
The scheme offers two levels to organisations, with differing levels of competencies.
- Cyber Essentials – an independently verified self-assessment. First of all, organisations assess themselves against five basic security controls. Finally, a qualified assessor verifies the information provided.
- Cyber Essentials Plus – a higher level of assurance. Again, a qualified and independent assessor examines the same five controls. The assessor also checks that the IT security measures implemented work in practice by simulating hacking and phishing attacks.
Achieving Cyber Essentials Plus
Cyber Essentials Plus required an audit of our technical systems that have a higher risk of a cyber threat. First of all the audit required a review of a representative sample of user devices, all internet gateways and server with services accessible to unauthenticated internet users. In addition, an external assessor carried out several tests remotely, on a random selection of these systems. Subsequently, on completion of the audit we were awarded with our Cyber Essentials Plus certificate.
What does this mean for you?
We take cyber security seriously, and because of this we have put the best practices in place. So, as to not only to protect our own organisation, but also the data we hold. These practices include:
- Regular reviews of our defences in place to protect against a cyber attack
- Continuing our solid reputation with our accreditations and longstanding partnerships
- Following GDPR guidelines on data security
How can you get better network security?
We offer a wide range of IT services including network security, data backup and disaster recovery services. If you are looking to review your IT security solutions, then your next step is to speak our experts. Moreover, they will recommend the best practices and solutions for you. So, you can be confident in your IT security.